Thursday, February 17, 2011

Quick snowdrops, birthday plans

It's not all tragedy in the garden. I have this small snowdrop cluster in flower now. The one and only flower in my garden. I heard on the radio that this year's purple sprouting broccoli crop has been severely affected by the harsh winter--mine certainly has. Of the dozen or so plants, only one has any florets (small) and the rest look a bit limp and apathetic.

Franklin's birthday is coming up in about three weeks. I'm planning a party. It may be a family-only party, but a party it will be. I've started making a few decorations. I think I will be serving cupcakes. My mother (who incidently will visit for the happy occasion) told me all about a cousin's super amazing party she threw for her one-year-old, and ever since then I've secretly wanted to invite a bunch of babies and mamas. I don't think I'm quite up to super amazing quality, but I figure I can make a few banners and cupcakes and call it good.

2 comments:

Gilbrides said...

Wow, I can hardly believe Franklin will be 1. The first birthday is always SO much fun! I know you can do a fantastic party!!!

Kim Zuch said...

That sounds like fun! I'm glad you're celebrating, and I can't believe Franklin is already 1! Congratulations! And I love the flower picture! I'm almost obsessive over flowers, so I am very excited for spring to get here. This year we have a garden! The little cottage has two or three plots I can use, now just to decide what to grow!