Thursday, April 01, 2010

Just a quick one

Friends, I wish I had more to blog about, but I really don't. I'm doing full-time baby duty--I don't know how women do this on their own; I'm SO glad my mother's here. And when she leaves next week, Partner has two weeks off work. Because of this, at least I can get some sleep, even if it is only at two-hour intervals.

I managed to plant some seeds outdoors this past month. I saved my milk jugs to act as mini-cloches and have planted carrots and chard under them (so far). I also have lettuce sprouting in a big pot on my patio--time to plant another batch. And this weekend since Partner's off work my potatoes are going in the ground. Last spring I got all sorts done, only to get awful nausea and food aversions so I couldn't enjoy the results of my labor. This year I've got an adorable little baby distracting me. What good timing I have.

1 comment:

Gilbrides said...

LOL!! I know how that goes. For two summers I had the same problems. The summer I has hugely pregnant and couldn't keep up the weeding, James mowed over the garden so he didn't have to look at the weeds. And the next spring, I didn't even bother planting seeds. I don't regret not having a garden though, I didn't feel any guilt enjoying my little one :) Time goes so quickly and they grow so fast that I'm so glad you're taking the time to enjoy your new cute little boy!!

Good for you in doing some planting though. It is so nice to be able to keep up those things that truly matter to you and keep you sane. (sorry, but gardening doesn't do that for me) ;) It's important to always take time for yourself!

I'm so glad your Mom is there and that you are getting help! That is so nice. And how awesome is that, that you have your husband home for 2 weeks. I'm so happy for you!