Friday, March 05, 2010

One last tummy shot

I thought I'd get a photo in of my gigantic tummy before it explodes. Even my maternity clothing is getting a little tight on me now, so I hope he's coming soon. Due date is March 14th (nine days from today), but I can now tell people: any day now. This photo was taken yesterday. Also featured is my new haircut; it's just a bit shorter.


Last month we replaced our old wooden arch (that's it on the grass) with a new steel one. The wooden one supported a climbing rose, a passionflower vine, and two clematis--one purple, one red. Partner secured it to the garage (not pictured, but about three feet to the right) with a cable to keep it upright last summer. When he cut the cable, it pretty much tumbled down. The rose and purple clematis are still intact; we'll need to wait and see if the passionflower and red clematis survive the outrage.

The sun's appearance this week gave me impetus to do some gardening nearly every day. Spring is in the air--I hope!--less than two weeks ago it snowed. I've pruned some tough old shrubs and a few of the rosebushes, and cleared away dead foliage from several beds. Pruning is great, especially when one doesn't have to worry about killing the plant. Partner strangely doesn't like fuschias, and I'm not fussed if ours lives or dies: but I don't think I actually can kill it. Every year I cut it back to nearly the ground and every year it grows about eight feet. Still on my hitlist: the laurels and the rest of the roses.

No comments: