Thursday, June 18, 2009

Flowers and treats

This week's offerings from the garden (click on the images to see them full-sized) : in my bathroom I have a mixture of lupins, daisies, and mint leaves. For my dining table I picked foxgloves, daisies, and laurel leaves. And finally on my mantle there is a large bunch of sweet peas which I cannot take credit for picking or arranging. Partner did that one. Incidently, above my mantle is my very very favorite waterlily painting by Monet; I once saw the original and searched for many years to find a print of it.

My gardening goals for the summer are small and not really worth mentioning separately. So I have decided to share my general goals for the summer instead. I printed them out for myself personally about two weeks ago, and since the month of June is more than halfway over I have completed some of these goals already. I think I will be adding new goals as old ones are completed.

I enjoyed making pretzels (shown here as before and after). The actual goal is to bake sweets once a week, but I'm counting pretzels in this category. I think maybe I should have chosen "bake treats" instead, to cover this sort of confusion. I made them last night, and today they have all gone but one. I think the recipe could use with a little tweaking to make them less sweet and more chewy, but Partner gobbled them down quickly enough, which is all the assurance I need.

1 comment:

Gilbrides said...

Wow, what gorgeous flowers you have! What a green-thumb. I am so jealous! I LOVE your orchid. I wish you the best in keeping it alive.

I'm so jealous you and hubby have the week off together. Hope you have a fantastic time!!!