Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I managed to squeeze in some gardening this weekend. My runner beans are now planted in the ground and all the bulbs from their bed have been dug up. I need to replant them still, but hopefully I can get that done within the next two or three days. We put three upright poles with netting strung between them for the beans to climb up. Last year they all had their own bamboo canes, but this year the sweet peas have monopolized them. Rather than buy new canes I improvised with some materials already at hand. Hopefully it works out. If it does work, it should be really good, seeing as we planted them at the edge of the patio, meaning they will give us a bit of shade without shading any other plants.

After I swore off growing tomatoes, Partner has gone and accepted ten free plants. I guess I give them one more chance. However, if they again disappoint, I will have to put my foot down for next year. I simply cannot waste valuable growing space on plants that do not perform.

Also pictured is my little bed of broccoli and rainbow chard with roses and a flowering currant bush behind them, and some other flowery perennial in front.

Still stressing out about my schoolwork...even though it's down to the nitty gritty with only two projects left to submit. And one exam to take.

No comments: